WELCOME ♡
♡ welcome to my little corner of the internet ♡
๐
hi angel!! i'm sav ♡
welcome to my tiny internet scrapbook where i talk about beauty, life, nostalgia, random thoughts & whatever else i'm currently obsessed with.
currently obsessed with:
smell good candles • rainy weather • quirky halloween costumes •
monstober disney channel movies • girl blogs
♡ thanks for stopping by ♡
Wednesday, August 26, 2026
WE FOUND OUR WEDDING VENUE!!! ♡
Okayyyyy so today was sort of a big deal, if I do say so myself.
We toured a venue today… and found THE ONE ๐ญ
Like- the place where we’re actually going to have our wedding??
Typing that feels so.. odd. Mainly because for so long, the wedding has been this collection of pinterest boards, conversations, “what if we did something like this?” and “wouldn’t that be cute?” And suddenly there is a place in the world where it’s all going to happen.
I don’t want to share the actual location yet because we kind of want to keep that part a secret for a little while, but I can describe her! ♡
The best way I can explain it is homey industrial. It has that slightly imperfect yet lovable feel that we all know and love. Nothing feels too gaudy or ballroom-y or like one of those venues where you’re afraid to touch anything. It feels warm and real and even a little artsy.
Think of a cold New York building with a warm and homey hangout spot on the roof that contrasts the rest of the building. Like The Coterie in that show, ‘Good Trouble’.
We could picture people actually hanging out there instead of just sitting there politely waiting for something to happen or someone to talk to them. And that was really important to us.
I don’t want our wedding to feel like everybody came to watch a scripted film. I want it to feel like everybody came over for the holidays.
I think what I love most is that the space already has a personality. We don't have to completely transform it into something else and we don’t have to bring in 50+ boxes of decor.
Walking around, I mentally started filling everything in.
Where people could sit.
Where drinks could go.
Where we could put our decor.
Where food could be set up.
There were so many moments where I was mentally placing things before we had even finished touring.
And at some point I realized I wasn’t really trying to convince myself or my fiancรฉ anymore. I had already started imagining our wedding there, and that was probably when we had our answer!
XOXO,
Sav
P.S. the amount of decorating ideas that have already formed in my head should probably concern everyone just a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment